Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry
Affiliated Faculty, CMU-Pitt Molecular Biophysics/Structural Biology Program
Affiliated Faculty, CMU-Pitt Computational Biology Program
ltchong AT pitt DOT edu
Current Group Members
Chemistry Graduate Student
atb43 AT pitt DOT edu
Chemistry Graduate Student
jml230 AT pitt DOT edu
Molecular Biophysics/ Structural Biology Graduate Student
dty7 AT pitt DOT edu
Pitt Medical Student
hep32 AT pitt DOT edu
rca27 AT pitt DOT edu
Group Alumni (in reverse alphabetical order for a change :))
- Matthew Zwier, PhD in Chemistry (2013), A&S and Mellon Fellow, now an Associate Professor at Drake University.
- Yiwen Zou, BS in Chemistry (2012), PharmD student at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Med, now a Specialty Clinical Pharmacist.
- David Wang, BPhil in Chemistry & Applied Math (2012), Harvard-MIT HST program, now a resident at U. Pittsburgh Medical School.
- Erin Walsh (2017), First Experiences Undergraduate Program participant.
- Paul Torrillo, BS in Molecular Biology & Applied Math (2021), now a math graduate student at MIT.
- Jakob Sorkness, BS in Chemistry(2017), Writer in Residence, now at Salubris Biotherapeutics.
- Claire Shao, North Allegheny Senior High School (2019-2020), now an MIT undergraduate.
- Joseph Seemiller (2011), TecBio REU participant, now a neurology resident at Geisinger Medical Center.
- Reza Salari, PhD in Chemistry (2012), A&S Fellow, now a resident at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
- Maria (Panteva) Salari, BS in Chemistry (2010), Assistant Professor at McKendree University.
- Ali Sinan Saglam, PhD in Chemistry (2018), DAAD Grant awardee, now a postdoc at U. Pittsburgh Medical School.
- Nicholas Rego, BS in Bioinformatics & Economics (2012), now a graduate student in biophysics at U. Pennsylvania.
- Brandon Mills, BPhil/MS in Chemistry (2014), A&S Fellow, now a Senior Analyst at Accenture Scientific Informatics Services.
- Joseph Kaus, BS in Chemistry (2011), A&S Fellow, now a Senior Scientist at Schrodinger.
- Parmila Kafley, BS in chemistry & political science (2020), now a graduate student in chemistry at Temple University.
- Page Harrison, BS in comp sci & physics (2021).
- Daniel Hatfield, BS in Chemistry (2013), A&S Fellow, now a chemistry graduate student at UCLA.
- Natalia Hajlasz, Allderdice High School (2014-2017), Regeneron High School STS 2017 Finalist, now a Harvard undergraduate.
- Gabriel Garcia-Borrero, BS in Biochemistry (2020), Brackenridge Fellow.
- Elissa Fink (2017), TecBio REU participant, now a graduate student in biophysics at UCSF.
- Max Dudek, BS in Molecular Biology & Computer Science (2021), NSF GRFP Award.
- Alex DeGrave, BS in Molecular Biology & Applied Math (2018), now an MD/PhD student at U. Washington.
- Karl Debiec, PhD in Biophysics (2017), Co-advisor: Angela Gronenborn, Mellon Fellow, now a software engineer at Epic Systems.
- Kayva Darapuneni (2017), First Experiences Undergraduate Program participant.
- Charles Bobcheck, BS in Chemistry (2012).
- Monica Bhattacharjee, BS in Chemistry (2009), medical student at the U. Maryland at Baltimore.
- Andrew Bellesis, MS in Biophysics (2020), now a Research Associate at BlueSphere Bio.
- Lewis Baker, BS in Applied Math (2015), now a graduate student in mathematics at UC Boulder.